Identity theft is a very real threat today. This crime costs victims more than their personal information; it also can result in lost time, money, reputation and creditability. It is very difficult to repair your credit and reputation if you have been a victim of identity theft. We’re Certified Identity Theft Risk Management Specialists (CITRMS).
Most people don’t realize that only about 20% of identity theft is financial. Identity thieves may also:
- Use your identity to obtain medical care. You could find your insurance cancelled or denied. Your medical records could be compromised and your health endangered.
- Use your social security number to gain employment. You could be held responsible for their unpaid taxes.
- Obtain a drivers license in another state using your information. That driver could leave you to deal with a pile of tickets, or even warrants.
- Commit a crime using your identity. People have been imprisoned when the police go looking for the perpetrator and find the identity theft victim instead.
- We will help you to document the crime and work with governmental agencies to restore your good reputation.
Even your children are at risk. We can help you.